Thursday, September 11, 2008

mountain dew, mint brownies, and pandora

I'm up late proofing the Advance. I knew it would be a late night, but I didn't realize just how late. I need to get the edits to Beth tonight so she can finish it tomorrow. Here are a few of the things keeping me awake and sane while I work:
  • Diet Wild Cherry Pepsi
  • Code Red Mountain Dew (caffeine and sugar!)
  • Pillsbury Mint Chocolate Brownies (thanks, Steph!)
  • DayQuil (yes, I have a cold--as do about half the people associated with NC. What's the deal? It's the beginning of September!)
  • Pandora Radio--how could I have forgotten about this website? It's amazing! Earlier, I was listening to movie music--John Williams, Hans Zimmer, Alan Menken. Now, I'm listening to a station I created last time I used Pandora, which was in 2006--my last three songs were "Everybody (Backstreet's Back)", "I Swear", and "What's Left of Me." And yes, I'm singing along. Now I've got "Here Without You," which always makes me think of Elvis Stojko. I'm pretty sure I monopolized the binoculars when Holly and I saw him at Champions on Ice ;-)
  • Scramble on Facebook. I'm so addicted. It's like Boggle. I'm pretty bad at it, which is evidenced by the fact that Kate slaughters me each time we play, but it's such fun!

4 comments:

  1. Champions on Ice! Oh my gosh, that was so much fun! I was actually looking through old college pics the other day and saw the picture I took when we found the tour bus (from the mall window). :) Remember when we ran into Jared and Elizabeth Punsalan?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, which would be Elizabeth Punsalan and Jared Swallow. Man, it's early. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Code Red! I haven't had that stuff in so long!

    Mint Chocolate Brownies sound so good! I might have to try those!

    New page layout?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Man, those were the days--I was so obsessed with figure skating! Now, I don't even know any of the amateurs. Finding the tour bus--that was the ultimate thrill! If only we'd been bold enough to actually seek out autographs :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...