Friday, March 5, 2010

single shopper on aisle one

I went to Walmart last night to pick up a few things ... which turned into a cart full! As I was walking down the dairy aisle, I glanced down at my cart and realized that anyone who looked at my shopping cart--without seeing me--would be able to ascertain that the cart's owner was a single woman on a diet! The items in my cart:
  • nail polish
  • feminine products
  • concealer & foundation
  • diet soda
  • skim milk
  • yogurt
  • a greeting card
  • baking soda
  • pretzels
  • powdered sugar
  • hair dye
  • Peeps
Then I looked at the carts around me and began to do a little guessing. The man pushing the cart containing beer and frozen pizza? Single. The elderly woman pushing the cart full of cookies, pop, fruit, and toys? Shopping for the grandkids. The man looking back and forth between the creamer case and his list before finally selecting a bottle of CoffeeMate? Married and doing his wife's shopping. (Okay, so that wasn't his cart--I didn't even notice what was in his cart because I was so amused by his befuddled countenance!)

I decided you can surmise a lot about a person based on his or her shopping cart. Not only does mine say I'm single, but it also says I neglect one or two of the major food groups and I don't cook a lot.

So, what does your shopping cart say about you?

4 comments:

  1. I can totally empathize with that poor guy doing his wife's shopping. It's hard because the instructions are never specific enough, since the writer is much, much more familiar with the items on the list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I have never thought about this before...Sunday nights is actually my day to cook for my family, so every Sunday afternoon Kameron and I go to Wal-Mart together to get the things I need as well as anything else we need in the house...

    I will have to remember this tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Andrew--Yes, the poor man was completely lost. The wife had probably just written "creamer" on the list, expecting him to know what kind she used. He was clearly overwhelmed by all the choices!

    Kensy--Did you learn anything on your Sunday afternoon shopping trip?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the peeps were the best part. Ha!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...