Thursday, December 28, 2017

Top Ten Book Reviews of 2017


It's hard to believe, but the calendar tells me we're at the end of 2017! While I'm nowhere near ready to publish my favorite books list yet (though hopefully it won't take me as long as the 2016 list did), I thought I'd pull together the top ten reviews by page view... because that doesn't require any deliberation on my part 🙂.

10. Never Forget by Jody Hedlund (1-12-17) 4-1/2 stars

This is another of Hedlund's swoony romances, and it features a twist on the "marriage of convenience" trope, making it popular with me ... and apparently a lot of other readers, too.

9. Where Courage Calls by Janette Oke & Laurel Oke Logan (2-18-14) 3 stars

One of four books to make both last year's list of most popular reviews and 2014's (and I bet they would've been on 2015's list if I'd made one), I'm sure Where Courage Calls' presence on the list is for one reason alone: Hearties, the fans of Hallmark Channel's When Calls the Heart. Nevermind that this book is actually nothing like When Calls the Heart.

8. ESV Illuminated Bible (11-21-17)

This is by far the most popular giveaway I've ever hosted on my blog—with good reason, as this Bible is simply beautiful.

7. Just the Way You Are by Pepper Basham (4-11-17) 4 stars

Basham is an up-and-comer in the world of Inspy romance. I read three of her books this year, and Just the Way You Are was probably my favorite ... because it features a JJ Feild-esque leading man.

6. Against the Tide by Elizabeth Camden (12-17-12) 4-1/2 stars

The average time on page is four seconds...so people obviously aren't reading this review. It must be popping up in Google searches that are completely unrelated to this book! (All of the other reviews listed have an average time on page of 1:45 or more. This one is definitely an anomaly!)

5. The Girl Who Could See by Kara Swanson (6-28-17) 4 stars

This YA sci-fi novella was an enjoyable, quick read, if not the most original or unpredictable.

4. Longing by Karen Kingsbury (11-27-11)

This book is where Kingsbury lost me as a devoted reader. This review has been one of my most viewed ever since I posted it ... because this is quite the polarizing book!

3. Love Finds You in Sugarcreek, Ohio by Serena Miller (5-14-14) 4 stars

I definitely liked the movie more than the book ... and I'm guessing the movie is why the review of the book has so many hits. (This one also made both the 2014 and 2016 lists.)

2. Beyond Belief by Jenna Miscavige Hill (1-16-17) 3 stars

I'm sure a little Leah Remini show called Scientology and the Aftermath had something to do with the popularity of this review. Jenna is Scientology leader David Miscavige's niece, and while she has not (to my knowledge) appeared on Remini's show, I'm sure her book was boosted by the show's popularity.

1. Seams Unlikely by Nancy Zieman (2-4-14) 3 stars

Zieman passed away in 2017. This was still the most popular review prior to her death in November (and the book also topped the list in 2014 and 2016), but the views skyrocketed after she passed away.

Have you read any of these books? What did you think? Be sure to check out my 2016 and 2014 lists, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...