Wednesday, June 4, 2008

it rained and it poured for 40 daysies daysies

This is my kitchen table as of 10:30 p.m. Why? Because we had more storms. I was planning to have my family over for supper. I made baked chicken, fried potatoes, chocolate-peanut butter brownies, and iced tea. It started raining while I was cooking, but I didn't think much of it--just closed my windows, turned off my computer (I'm paranoid about it getting zapped!), and kept at supper. Just before 6:00, which is when my fam was supposed to arrive, my mom called to say we were under a tornado warning. Since I'm in a 2nd floor apartment, she wanted us to have supper at their house. So she and Steph drove over in the downpour, we packed up everything, and headed back to their house. Nothing happened except lots of rain--and we're currently (again!) in a flood warning. I have a terrible memory when it comes to these things, but it sure seems like we're having more rain and more storms than usual!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...