Friday, September 2, 2016

best of the bunch: august 2016

Recently, I've been looking for ways to spice up the blog a little. It's easy to only publish book reviews, but is it fun? Not so much. I've been kind of stuck in a rut (which explains my measly six posts in August). I came across "Best of the Bunch," hosted by A Cocoon of Books, which highlights the best book you read in the previous month, and I've decided to join in the fun! Because I sometimes read books well in advance of posting a review, I'm going to include books I reviewed in a given month, regardless of when I read them.


The books I reviewed in August are If Ever I Would Leave You by Susan May Warren (4 stars), Tackling the Fields by Janet W. Ferguson (4 stars), Courageous by Dina L. Sleiman (4 stars), Until Then by Krista Noorman (4 stars), and Without Warning by Lynette Eason (4 stars).

It's pretty rare for me to have a month without a 4-1/2 or 5 star read, but I'm sure part of it is that I just didn't read very much in August! Obviously, I had pretty similar feelings about the quality of all of the books, but if I had to choose one as the best, I'd pick ...


If Ever I Would Leave You is a prequel to Susan May Warren's new Montana Rescue series, and it's free to her newsletter subscribers! I absolutely loved this story, and the only thing that kept it from getting a higher rating is the very abrupt ending. I understand why it ended the way it did, but I did find it to be a bit unsatisfying. Still, it's a great lead-in to Wild Montana Skies, a book I devoured in a day! (That review will be coming soon.)

What was your favorite book of August? Let's discuss in the comments, or write up your own post and join the linkup here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...