Tuesday, January 24, 2012

it's all clear!

If you visited my site in the last couple of days, perhaps you saw everything as it usually is. If you were using Chrome as your browser, however, you may have encountered the following message:
Warning: Something's Not Right Here!

www.christianchicksthoughts.blogspot.com contains content from locationlook[dot]ru, a site known to distribute malware. Your computer might catch a virus if you visit this site.
Google has found malicious software may be installed onto your computer if you proceed. If you've visited this site in the past or you trust this site, it's possible that it has just recently been compromised by a hacker. You should not proceed, and perhaps try again tomorrow or go somewhere else.
We have already notified locationlook[dot]ru that we found malware on the site. For more about the problems found on locationlook[dot]ru, visit the Google Safe Browsing diagnostic page.
Not being very tech-savvy, I did what any girl in my position would do: I sent my tech-savvy brother a panicked e-mail! He called, and we tried to find the problem together, to no avail. (I've mentioned before how patient my brother is with me, especially when dealing with something techy that I don't understand. That was certainly true yesterday!)

This morning, I had the brilliant idea that maybe this content was coming in from one of the blogs on my blogroll. So I removed the blogroll from my site, and BINGO! Warning message gone!

You'll notice that my blogroll is back— albeit slightly altered. I hadn't changed my blogroll in eons, anyway, so this was a good excuse to make changes. I did find the offending site, and it's no longer on my blogroll. (I also contacted the site owner, who was aware of the problem and is working to fix it.)

If you did encounter the warning message, I apologize, and I'd ask you to please let me know if you see a message like this in the future. I want to keep my blog safe for viewing!

2 comments:

  1. Becky, Thank you SO much for adding my blog to your blogroll! I am so honored to be linked to your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! Your blog inspires me to keep hoping and praying for a husband, but to cherish my time as a single. I figured other people might like to be inspired, too :-)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...