Monday, July 2, 2012

free book: "heiress" by susan may warren

I was thrilled this morning to discover Susan May Warren's excellent book Heiress is free for Kindle. These deals are usually just for a day or two, so get your copy right away!

I read and reviewed this book last year, and here's some of what I had to say:
I simply could not put this book down. And when I had to (you know, for things like work), I found myself thinking about it. Susan May Warren has long been one of my favorite authors, and I especially love her historical fiction. I thought it couldn't get any better than Sons of Thunder (which just won a Carol Award), but she really outdid herself with Heiress. You know what I love most about it? The characters are real – human. Their humanity, in all its messy imperfection, jumps off the pages. They lie, have affairs, run away from responsibility, and treat each other horribly – just like real people do. And when the book wraps up, not everyone is living out their "happily ever after" – again, just like in real life! 
I also named it my favorite historical fiction of 2011 in my "Best Books" post. You really don't want to miss this one—get it here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...