Tuesday, December 8, 2009

snow day #1

Ah, snow days--one of the benefits of working in education! Today, we had our first snow day of the year. Tomorrow, we'll have our second! I spent a rather lazy day at home, and it was fabulous. I'll have to get some actual work done tomorrow :-)
  • I woke up at 11:30. 11:30! When I went to bed last night, I initially set my alarm for 9, but then I decided to just let myself sleep. I had no idea I'd sleep so long, but I woke up feeling wonderfully rested!
  • Blendy braved the snow to spend the afternoon with me. Or was she spending the afternoon with my fast internet?
  • While she was here, we made biscuit pizzas for lunch. They're such kid food, but I still love them!
  • I finally cleaned up the living room--it was about time! I also did all my dishes. Again, it was definitely time!
  • I put up the rest of my Christmas decorations and wrapped some presents. (Note the cross-stitched angel at the top of the tree. One year, Val and I had a colossal fight about what should go on the top of our tree--she thinks this angel is ugly, and I love it! Now that I have my own tree, I can put it wherever I want ... and it fits in well with the rest of my tree!)
  • After seeing a commercial for Dean Cain's new Christmas movie, I had an urge to watch Lois & Clark. So I did. For hours!
  • Janae gave me her recipe for her amazing molasses cookies a few weeks ago, and I finally made them today. They didn't turn out quite as amazing as hers did ... after they cooled, they turned into rocks!
  • Check out Cinematic Survey. I finally posted something new!
  • I never really had supper ... I just had molasses cookies. So, at 10:30 p.m., I decided to make pancakes! They were delicious.
  • Several months ago, I wrote about this cross-stitch project that my grandma started several years ago. My goal was to finish it by her birthday. Well, that didn't happen, but today, as I was trying to figure out what to give her for Christmas, I decided to attempt to finish it before we go to Kansas on the 24th. Do you think it'll happen? (Interestingly enough, the day I wrote about the project was also a snow day.)

2 comments:

  1. Yea, I was hoping for a blog about your snow day! Lucky girl!

    First, I have to say: YOUR CHRISTMAS TREE IS GORGEOUS!!! It's actually making me want to put mine up and start wrapping gifts to go underneath!

    What are biscuit pizzas?

    It's definitely past time for me to clean up and do my dishes too!!

    Cookies look good. Lately I haven't really been doing dinner so much. Yah, just some cookies or other sweets. BAD!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Becky,

    I have confidence that you will be able to finish your gift soon. If you enjoy cross stitching there are plenty of Christian projects on my web site.

    There is a free design that you may want to download called, "His Name is Jesus". It has certainly blessed many.

    www.joyfulexpressions.us

    Sandra

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...