Sunday, November 13, 2016

Best of the Bunch: October 2016

Yes, I'm woefully late with this post! You see, I just spent a week in Washington, D.C. with a group of seniors from my school, so I spent the first few days of November frantically preparing to be gone from work for a week, and then I went off the grid. It was a fabulous trip that I'll probably write about...someday. But for now, here's my Best of the Bunch for October, only two weeks late :-)

I didn't read nearly as much in October as I did in September, largely because I spent insane amounts of time watching the Chicago Cubs. And it all paid off. Here's the moment:

My absolute favorite part of this video is series MVP Ben Zobrist practically prancing in from left field to join the celebration. And Anthony Rizzo is just about the cutest thing ever. Case in point:
Crazy to think that just over a month ago, I couldn't have told you the name of a single Cub (well, I maybe could have pulled out Jake Arietta if pressed). Now, I could tell you the starters and their positions. It remains to be seen if my enthusiasm will carry over into next season, but I sure had fun with this post-season ride!

Anyway, to the books!

3 stars

4 stars

4-1/2 stars

5 stars


Though I had three 5-star reads in October, it was actually very easy to choose the Best of the Bunch...

Of all the Suzanne Woods Fisher novels I've read, The Devoted just might be my favorite. I highly recommend it to people who love Amish fiction, as well as people who don't. (But if you haven't read the previous books in the series, you'll want to check those out first.)

What was your favorite book of October? Leave a comment or write up your own post and join the linkup here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...