Monday, May 21, 2018

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? (5-21-18)


Happy Monday! School's out (ALL THE PRAISE HANDS) ... but I still have lots of yearbooking to do. The yearbook isn't exactly at fault for my measly reading last week, though. Instead, I blame Mayhem and Tad Hamilton.


You see, about a week ago, a friend and I were talking about our mutual love for Castle and Psych, and she asked if I'd ever watched Battle Creek. I'd never even heard of the show, but she said if I liked the quirky humor of those other shows, I'd like Battle Creek. I looked it up on Netflix and started watching ... and then I basically couldn't stop! The whole show is only 13 episodes, so it wasn't a huge time commitment, and it is just so quirky and delightful! I do have to say the the ending is rather unsatisfying; I'm guessing the show runners didn't know that episode 13 was going to be a series finale. But if you're looking for a fun, quirky, sort-of-buddy cop show, definitely give Battle Creek a look. (Did you catch that it's quirky? I'm so good at descriptions 🤣😆😄)

Anyway, back to the books ...

What I read last week:

Falling for You by Becky Wade. You could say that I liked this book just a little 🤣 (5 stars)

Storm Front by Susan May Warren. Each book in Warren's Montana Rescue just keeps getting better. A word to the wise: start at the beginning with the free novella If Ever I Would Leave You and go from there. You won't regret it! (5 stars)

What I'm reading now:

Together Forever by Jody Hedlund. This is the second book in Hedlund's Orphan Train series, and I'm enjoying it so far.

What I'll read next:

The rest of the novellas in the Timeless Love collection, probably. I'm going on vacation soon, and I think they'll make excellent airplane reading.

How was your reading week? Let me know, and then check out the linkup to see what other people read. And do you have any other quirky cop shows I should watch? 

4 comments:

  1. Becky's is on my immediate TBR, and someday I'll have to read Jody's too!! Right now I'm working through Beth Vogt's latest and my Bethany House copy (a re-read for me) of First Impressions. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Reading twins! I have both of those, too...though I'm not reading either one yet. I've also read First Impressions before--at one time, I had the whole series, but they went out in the Great Book Purge of 2016...and I've regretted it ever since! So I just HAD to request "First Impressions" when it came up for review �� Happy reading, Rissi!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...